VyprVPN Free accounts are limited to using our Desktop, and Mobile applications to connect to our VPN service. Please see "What is VyprVPN Free?" for more information.
To add a necessary registry setting:
- Click Start, click Run, type "regedit", and then click OK.
- Locate and click the registry subkey named: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IPsec
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- In the New Value #1 box, type "AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule" (this is case-sensitive and contains no spaces), and press ENTER.
- Right-click AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule, and select Modify.
- In the Value data box, type "2" and click OK.
- Reboot the computer.
To install the certificate:
- Download the certificate and save it.
- Open the Certificates Management Console.
- In the Start menu, click Run, type "mmc" and press enter.
- From the File menu, select Add/Remove Snap-in...
- In the "Add/Remove Snap-In" window, click Add, then double-click Certificates.
- In the popup window, select Computer account, then Next.
- Then Finish.
- Click Close and OK to close the Snap-ins window.
- Import the Golden Frog Certificate.
- In the center window, double-click Certificates (Local Computer), and then double-click Personal.
- Right-click in the window, then go to All Tasks, then click Import...
- Click Next, then Browse..., and locate the .p12 file you downloaded earlier.
- Click Next, enter "goldenfrog" in the Password field, and click Next again.
- Select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate and click Next.
- Then click Finish.
To configure the L2TP/IPsec connection:
- In the Control Panel, Open Network Connections.
- Click Start then Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet Connections (skip if not there).
- Click Network Connections.
- Under Network Tasks in the left column, click Create a new connection, then Next.
- Select Connect to the network at my workplace then Next.
- Select Virtual Private Network connection then Next.
- Type a descriptive name in the Company Name field.
- Enter a host name from the VyprVPN servers list. Click Next.
- Select "My Use Only" if this is only for your Windows user account, or "Anyone's Use" if there are other Windows accounts that should have access to this VyprVPN account.
- To have a VyprVPN shortcut added to your desktop, click Add a shortcut.
- Click Finish.
- In the Connect window, click Properties.
- On the Networking tab, change the dropdown box from Automatic to L2TP IPSec VPN.
- Double-click the VPN icon on your desktop.
- Type your Golden Frog Login (e-mail address) and Password.
- Click Connect.
- Click the Network icon on the taskbar.
- Click Disconnect in the status window that pops up.
Don’t have a VyprVPN account?