VyprVPN Free accounts are limited to using our Desktop, and Mobile applications to connect to our VPN service. Please see "What is VyprVPN Free?" for more information.
OpenVPN Connect is an OpenVPN client compatible with Android versions 4.0 and newer.
To use VyprVPN with OpenVPN Connect on an Android device:
OpenVPN Connect uses a configuration file to set up each server connection. Download the configuration files for the VyprVPN servers from the article here.
- Locate and select the configuration files on your device's Download folder with File Manager. Tap 'Extract'.
- Locate OpenVPN Connect on the Google Play store, download and install.
- Launch the application, tap the settings icon in the top right, then Import and select "Import Profile from SD card".
- Tap on your Download folder and tap the file labeled "VyprVPNOpenVPNFiles".
- Tap the encryption level you are seeking (160bit, or 256bit), tap your server location, and tap Select.
- Type in your Golden Frog username and password, making sure to check the Save box.
- Tap Connect, then Continue to start your connection.
- You can check your IP address by visiting our IP checker web page.
- Enjoy VyprVPN on your Android 4.0+ device!
Skip the manual setup with our apps!