Below you will find instructions for deploying VyprVPN Cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS). This is our recommended method to deploy VyprVPN Cloud.
1. Login to http://aws.amazon.com/ (Free accounts are available if you don't have one, requires payment method on file)
2. Select EC2 under the Compute section.
3. Click Instances under the Instances section on the left.
4. Click Launch Instance. Follow along to go through the proceeding steps:
- Step 1: Under Quick Start, select the following AMI: Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS (HVM), SSD Volume Type
- Step 2: Select your desired instance. On Free AWS accounts, only the t2.micro instance is available, which will work fine. Click Next: Configure Instance.
- Step 3: Expand the Advanced Details section and copy/paste the content from this link into the text box. Click Next: Add Storage.
- Step 4: Change the volume type for the storage to General Purpose SSD (GP2). Click Next: Add Tags.
- Skip Step 5, or configure if you desire, and click Next: Configure Security Group.
- Step 6: Select "Create a new security group" and fill in the details:
- Security group name: VyprVPN Cloud
- Description: VyprVPN Cloud Security Group
- The section below that is where you need to configure your security group rules. Create the following rules:
|HTTP||TCP||80||My IP (will detect and select your IP)|
|Custom TCP Rule||TCP||222||My IP|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||443||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||500||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||1194||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||1701||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||4500||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||15001-20000||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||25001-30000||Anywhere|
Note: These are basic rules. Feel free to customize access as you see fit. For example, if you wanted to be able to access the VyprVPN Cloud admin panel from other IPs, add in more Custom TCP Rules for port 222 using the IPs from which you want to allow access.
- When you are done, click Review and Launch.
- Click Launch. Before it launches the instance, you will be prompted for key pair information. Create a new key pair and store it in a directory of your choosing on your local machine. If at some point you need to access your instance as root, follow Amazon's documentation located here.
5. You should now be on the Launch Status page. Click the Launch Instances button.
6. Your instance will be in the Instances list. Wait for the Instance State to turn green (running). Once the instance is running, you can access the VyprVPN Cloud Web Management Interface by entering in your server's public IP in your browser's address bar. Packages will still be installing, so you will likely see the installation screen the first time you access it immediately after creating the instance.
Note: The VyprVPN Cloud install process will take several more minutes. The Web Management Interface will not be reachable until it has finished.
7. You are now ready to configure VyprVPN Cloud! Head over to the web admin setup article if you wish to configure it via the web admin panel, or the CLI setup article if you wish to configure it via command line.
If you need any further assistance, please contact support and we'll be happy to help!
Last reviewed/updated July 2019