Configured on Asus RT-N16 - firmware v184.108.40.2066_3754
While this tutorial is geared for Asus routers running factory AsusWRT firmware, this setup can be applied to AsusWRT-Merlin firmware as well.
Please note: We offer limited support for this configuration due to many variables that can cause connection or performance issues. This firmware is open-source with many versions and a growing list of supported hardware. We cannot guarantee VyprVPN's performance or functionality on your router.
Bold items are things you will click or edit.
1. Log into the router at the default gateway address. Normally this will be http://192.168.1.1/
2. Click the VPN option under Advanced Settings.
3. Click the VPN Client tab.
4. Click the Add proflie button.
5. Fill in the following details:
Description: VyprVPN PPTP VPN Server: See list here Username: Your Golden Frog email address Password: Your Golden Frog password Auto-reconnection: Yes PPTP Options: MPPE 128
If you need any further assistance, please contact support and we'll be happy to help!