The following method can be used to share your Windows computer’s VyprVPN connection with other devices. If you are looking to use VyprVPN with devices like your Apple TV or Roku box and do not have a VPN connection setup in your router, this is a perfectly acceptable alternative.
This setup is configured using: Wi-fi router> Computer > Ethernet cord > Network enabled device. The computer using Internet connection sharing will need to have a Wi-fi network adapter for connecting to the Internet router, and a LAN Ethernet port to connect the device that is sharing the VPN connection.
Please note that Golden Frog offers limited support for this configuration. Setup instructions are provided as-is with no guarantee of functionality.
- First, use the steps listed here to create a manual PPTP or L2TP/IPsec connection for your Windows 7 (or higher) OS.
- After creating the connection, go through Control Panel > Network & Internet > Network & Sharing Center, and then click 'Change adapter settings' on the left-hand side.
- Locate the PPTP or L2TP connection you created here. Right-click the connection, select 'Properties', then click the 'Sharing' tab.
- Check the box for “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection" and under 'Home networking connection', select the adapter name for your LAN Ethernet port (example; 'Local Area Connection'). Check the box for "Allow other users to control or disable the shared internet connection". Click OK.
Note: Windows should automatically configure the LAN adapter to the IP address 192.168.137.1 when using DHCP with Internet connection sharing enabled.
- Verify your computer is connected to the Internet through the Wi-fi adapter. Click the Network icon in the system tray, click yourVyprVPN connection under 'Dial-up and VPN', then connect.
- After the connection is established, connect an Ethernet cord from your computer (from the port using the LAN adapter you selected to share the connection) to the network-enabled device that is sharing the connection.
- Then the connecting device should be connected through the VyprVPN connection! If you are configuring it as a new connection on the device, use Automatic IP settings (eg, Playstation 4).
If you need any further assistance, please contact support.