If you are having issues establishing or maintaining a connection in the MacOS version of VyprVPN, please follow the general troubleshooting steps outlined in this article.
First, we need to check if you see anything from Golden Frog pending approval in System Extensions. This is a new issue on newer versions of MacOS that can impact OpenVPN and Chameleon VPN connections, as well as other features like Kill Switch. Please follow the steps below to see if you have a pending approval for Golden Frog:
- Attempt to connect with VyprVPN once more using the OpenVPN protocol.
- Access the Mac Security & Privacy settings. (search for it with system search)
- On the General Tab under the "Allow apps downloaded from:".
- You will see "System software from developer "Golden Frog" was blocked from loading".
- Click Allow and then test your connection/features again.
If you are still experiencing the same issue, we can attempt restarting the VyprVPN service.
- Quit the VyprVPN application from the 'Quit' option in the VyprVPN menu at the top of your screen.
- To remove the service, use Command+Tab and select Finder, then press Command + Shift + G to bring up the Go To window and type in: /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools
- A window should open showing the VyprVPNService sitting there. Drag it to trash.
- Then you will need to log out of OS X and log back in to complete service removal.
- Empty the trash bin.
- Restart VyprVPN to prompt the reinstallation of the VyprVPNService.
Lastly, we will want to perform a full uninstall and reinstall of the VyprVPN application.<
Click here to download the latest version of the Mac application. Once you've downloaded the .dmg file, open it and scroll down. You will see an uninstaller. Run the uninstaller. Once the application is uninstalled, you may return to the .dmg and install the application again. Once installed, try logging in and connecting.
If the issue still persists, please try connecting with all available protocols (Preferences > Protocol tab) and with several different servers to see if you can establish a successful connection. If you are still unable to connect at this point, please contact our support team for further assistance.