Error 6022 is an OpenVPN error that indicates an issue with the TAP adapter, which is required for the OpenVPN protocol to function. This error can also occur on the Chameleon protocol.
To begin troubleshooting this issue, we will want to perform a complete uninstall and reinstall of the VyprVPN application and all of its components.
- From your control panel, manually uninstall VyprVPN. If you see any entries for VyprVPN, TAP Windows, or anything labelled "OpenVPN," in the Programs & Features section of the Windows control panel, uninstall them.
- Browse to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Golden_Frog,_Inc or C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Golden_Frog,_Inc
- Remove all sub-folders that begin with "VyprVPNService.exe"
- Reinstall VyprVPN. Click here to download the latest version of the application.
Once VyprVPN is installed, reboot the machine. When it is back online, open the app and see if you encounter this same error. If you do experience the same issue, please try changing the default TAP adapter. To change this setting:
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the VyprVPN application, then click on Options in the drop down menu.
- Once the Options window opens, please click the Advanced tab, and where it says 'TAP Adapter' please change this setting to the alternate VyprVPN TAP Adapter.
- Once completed, please click Apply.
After changing this setting, attempt to connect via OpenVPN again. If you find that you are still encountering the same error, please contact support for further assistance.