Since VyprVPN will intercept all network traffic after you connect to it, and all other app data is being transmitted through the VyprVPN app on your Android device, this may cause increased battery or network usage for the app.
Here are some steps that you can use that will help prevent high battery usage:
- Try using the OpenVPN 160 bit protocol, which is less demanding on your phone. You can find instructions for that below:
- Open and Log In to VyprVPN
- Tap the gear icon at the top right
- Under "VPN Settings" tap 'Protocol'
- Tap OpenVPN 160-bit Encryption and connect
- Make sure you have no other apps running in the background.
- Make sure to connect to VyprVPN only when you're needing your connection encrypted.
- If you use your device heavily at home, you can set up the VPN connection on your router here.
If you still have any trouble after trying these steps or have any further questions, please contact our support team.