VyprVPN Free accounts are limited to using our Desktop, and Mobile applications to connect to our VPN service. Please see "What is VyprVPN Free?" for more information.
1. Review the hardware requirements for the VyprVPN Router App.
Note: The recommended build number to install for Tomato by Shibby is 138. Builds after 138 will result in loss of OpenVPN and Chameleon functionality and builds before 138 may result in installation failure and other errors. Be advised that MultiWAN builds, like 138, do result in a loss of Per-Device VPN functionality where the "Bypass VPN" option causes the device to lose Internet connectivity. A bug has been filed directly with Shibby for the issue.
Once you have flashed the appropriate firmware on your router, you can proceed to step
2. Log into the router firmware and click Tools.
3. Click System Commands in the Tools section.
4. Copy and paste the following text into the "Command" Box, depending on your CPU architecture:
eval `wget -q -O - http://www.goldenfrog.biz/downloads/vyprvpn/router/app/tomato/mipsel/install.sh` If you receive an error, try this command instead: eval `wget -q -O - http://dl.succentric.com/downloads/vyprvpn/router/app/tomato/mipsel/install.sh`
eval `wget -q -O - http://www.goldenfrog.biz/downloads/vyprvpn/router/app/tomato/arm/install.sh` If you receive an error, try this command instead: eval `wget -q -O - http://dl.succentric.com/downloads/vyprvpn/router/app/tomato/arm/install-succentric.sh`
5. Click Execute.
6. After a successful install, refresh your browser window. Log in using your Golden Frog username and password and start using VyprVPN on your router!
Don’t have a VyprVPN account?