VyprVPN Free accounts are limited to using our Desktop and Mobile applications to connect to our VPN service. Please see "What is VyprVPN Free?" for more information.
Shimo is a versatile VPN client for OS X and it enables anyone to master secure network connections.
Using the following setup instructions, you can connect to VyprVPN OpenVPN using Shimo.
Bold items are things you will click or type.
How to Configure
- Purchase and download Shimo from here.
- Install Shimo following the onscreen instructions. When prompted, enter your Mac OS X username and password to authorize the configuration.
- Download the OpenVPN Configuration files for VyprVPN here.
- With Shimo open, access Preferences in the menu bar.
- Click Accounts, then click the gear icon in the bottom right and select Import.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the OpenVPN Configuration files for VyprVPN, then select your desired location and click Import.
- Re-open Preferences and click the switch next to your configuration. You will then be prompted for your VyprVPN Username and Password.
- Once connected the switch will turn green, and you can now enjoy VyprVPN with Shimo!.
After the connection is established, you can verify your VyprVPN IP address by checking here.