These instructions cover installing VyprVPN CLI for Linux on Ubuntu (14.0.04, 14.10, 15.0.04, 15.10 and16.0.04) or Linux Mint. While it may work on other Debian-based distributions, they are unsupported at this time.
Note: This tutorial assumes you are using a GUI desktop environment. If you are on a command-line only machine, you can download the package using wget and install it with gdebi or other package installer.
1. Download the install package for your architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Click here to download the package for 64-bit Operating Systems
- Click here to download the package for 32-bit Operating Systems
2. Locate the downloaded file and right-click it, choose the option to open it with your package manager. You may see "Open with Software Install," "Open with Ubuntu Software Center," or other similar option.
3. Follow the install prompts in your package manager. Enter administrative credentials when prompted.
4. Once the install is complete, launch Terminal.
How to Configure
1. From Terminal, log into VyprVPN CLI for Linux with the command: vyprvpn login
2. Set your desired server location with the command: vyprvpn server set
3. Set your desired protocol with the command: vyprvpn protocol set
4. Connect with the command: vyprvpn connect
5. Disconnect with the command: vyprvpn disconnect
The above steps are not an exhaustive list of available commands. To view all possible commands use: vyprvpn -h
If you need any further assistance, please contact support and we'll be happy to help!
Last reviewed/updated June 2019