Prior to troubleshooting, if you are trying to access a geo-restricted streaming service, please have a look at our blog post where we address the issue of accessing geo-restricted streaming services. Click here to go to the blog post.
VyprVPN can be a very useful tool in accessing websites and apps that are geo-blocked to a certain country or region. However, on occasion some services may state that you are out of the service area even if you connect to a VPN server in the correct country. There are different reasons for these errors.
If you are trying to access one of these services, please try the troubleshooting steps recommended below:
1. Clear your browser's DNS cache. (Need help? Chrome | Firefox | Safari | Opera)
2. Log out of all Google accounts on the machine. Google caches IP addresses, which may reveal your actual location.
3. Disable all location services in your browser and any location services on your machine or device (GPS, etc...).
4. Clear your browser's cookies, cache, and temp files.
5. Disconnect and reconnect to the selected VyprVPN server location to obtain a new IP address.
6. Connect to a different VyprVPN server location, if possible. If the service is only available in a single area, then you can skip this step.
7. Change your device's time zone to the provider's service area and adjust the time to local time .
8. If you are connected to a wifi network and have access to the router, rename your Wifi network name (SSID), appending "_nomap" at the end (no quotes). This will opt your network out of Google's geolocation services. You will need to reconnect your device to the new network in order to regain internet access.
Please note that we cannot guarantee geo-restricted services will work. There can be some factors in play on the provider's end that may prevent access to their service while on a VPN.
If the website still states you are not in the service area after performing the above steps, you will need to contact the service provider for further assistance.