If you are experiencing slow speeds while connected to VyprVPN on a Windows PC, we recommend following the steps below.
Perform a complete refresh of your network:
- Power off your computer
- Shut down your router
- Shut down your modem
- Wait 30 seconds, then power on your modem again
- Wait until your modem has booted, then power on your router
- Power on your computer
Try alternative protocols:
- Click the Settings icon
- Click Options
- Click the Protocol tab
- Select the desired protocol
- Click OK
Select the fastest server option, or choose a server with low ping from the server list:
- Click the pin drop icon next to the connect button
- Select Show All Server Locations
- Choose fastest server towards the top, or select another server with green ping
|Note: If you require to connect to a specific server, please note that factors including the ping time to the server, the geographical distance between your physical location and the server location, and the protocol you are connecting to the VPN server affects the speeds you will receive.|
While VyprVPN is configured to minimize the amount of speed loss when connected, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that you will not experience loss of speeds even after attempting the above troubleshooting. There are many factors outside of our control affecting your speeds, including the route your ISP provides you to our VPN servers.
If you need any further assistance, please contact support.